Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday with kids

A darn near perfect day yesterday! Gorgeous weather, sunny and calm. A morning spent ice skating. And all three of the kids were actually happy to be on the ice. All Dunn wants to do is play hockey, have his own stick and be with the big boys. However, he is not particularly interested in all that comes between now and then. Namely the actually learning to skate part. We talked with other parents yesterday who assured us that one winter it just hits. They get how to do it and they don't want to stop. We are hopeful......

The little one is the one who enjoys it the most. She hums soft tunes to herself the entire time she is out there. When she gets tired she lays in the snow happily looking up at the sky. She is the first one to get her skates on and doesn't really want to take them off. Maybe there is something to be said for starting them early. Or maybe it's just a third born thing.

The rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning and cooking for our Super Bowl get together. We invited two families over who both have three children each. That is a lot of kids! I didn't get any pictures of the adults enjoying the game.
But I did get this picture with some of the children sitting in our bed watching Peter Pan. The rest were too little and one was too big. I can't ever imagine a day when my three little people will be too big for this! I want them to stay little forever. It's a slippery slope this growing up business. I tried to pick Soren up today and struggled to do it. Just about broke my heart in two. I had to sit on the couch and hold her tight so she couldn't grow anymore....at least for a minute. When I told her I didn't want her to get big she looked up at me with a twinkle in her eye and said " Mom, I am going to be you when I'm big". Then she scooted off my lap and skipped off to continue her growing up work and left me grinning like a crazy. A darn near perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment