Monday, July 6, 2009

Lake Life this 4th

We are so fortunate to have a family lake home on stunning Deer Lake only an hour from our house. We are even more fortunate to have a slew of cousins to spend weekends at the lake with. I didn't grow up with cousins in close proximity. However, watching my children's relationships with their cousins develop over the years has been a real source of joy for me and them too. I will also say that nothing speaks Americana like a gang of wet, tanned and laughing children running around a watery playground. These are the moments my little people will remember and reminisce about with their own families one day. And these are the carefree imperfect snapshots that I am sure I will be cherishing for so many years to come. Happy Birthday America!



1 comment:

  1. Great pics - our favorite is Dunn riding the big wheel in the lake. So how much water does it take to float a big wheel?

    ReplyDelete