The apparel patterns are way off on sizing in this book so I spent the better part of a day drafting the pattern to fit me, cutting and then sewing the dress. After all that I still needed to alter the finished dress a bit more to get it wearable. I am so happy I made a pattern so that I can make another one....maybe. But if I had to start all over again I would skip it. I am a size 4 and I think the summer blouse pattern in a size small is more like a size 8-10.
I took lots of pictures as I drafted the pattern, marked my changes and made the dress. But frankly it would be of no use to anybody because the changes were so extreme. So I am going to skip it. If I do make another dress I am going to change the placement of the bust darts. And make the skirt portion more straight instead of the a-line shape it has now.
I dropped the camera and broke the lens to bitsright after taking the dress photos!!! So sad because I finished a darling dress for Soren this morning that I was dying to take pictures of. A truly blissful sewing project using a vintage sheet with charming results. I hope that I will get to share soon.