Wednesday, October 7, 2009

For The Love Of Bias

I absolutely deplore the making of bias tape.
However, using it is a pure simple joy.


This little pinafore dress is "Siiri" from Ottobre 1/2009 slightly modified to use bias on every edge. I sewed my very skinny Ella, who is wearing a 4T, a size 98 with size 104 length. She is swimming in it! Darling easy to sew pattern. I have plans for another one but I will sew a size 92 with 98 length.
Oh back to the bias. Isn't it darling? I am in love with it's polka dotty crocheted goodness. I ordered it from here. It comes in several colors, stripes and florals. I used a little under 4 meters for Ella's dress. On the next one I sew I want to line it completely like this little number here.


I had a little help in finding the tunic dress and bias from the links above. Heather from Heatherty Featherty lead me the shops that sell both the bias and the tunic. I love Heathers clean aesthetic. Her simple style kind of gives my colorful crazy creative brain a light sweeping and organizing from time to time. Her sweet etsy shop is sadly empty at the moment but go take a peek at her sold items and you will see what I mean. On top of all that, I recently received a fun little package in the mail from Heather.

In doing some destashing of her fabric collection she was kind enough to send these turtles my way. That sweet little feathered fabric bag is what the fabric arrived in. Such a nice touch. Thank you Heather! My Miss Ella, having declared the feather bag hers, is now using it as a treasure sack for all her little bits. The turtles will soon be something sweet for her too.

3 comments:

  1. Am currently on the hunt for a toddler female that I can dress exclusively in clothing by you and Heather. SO. CUTE. All of it! But am not thinking I could get my 10 and 12 yo boys to wear it...maybe the bulldog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I spent the last three days doing laundry and just now sat down to read what my favorite peeps are up to.

    So glad you girls like the goodies. That pinafore is beautiful, I'm going to have to look at the 1/09 issue again and see what it looks like. I tried my first Ottobre pattern a few weeks ago and made the pintucked leggings for a friend's skinny little daughter in Iowa. So fun!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very cool bias tape! Nice job on the garment; what a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete