Friday, April 10, 2009

Sewing New Spring Nightgowns

Soren is a nightgown girl. She loves them and will wear nothing else to sleep without a pout to go along with it. So about three times a year I batch sew nightgowns. I love how sweet she looks in them. I especially love sisters in matching nightgowns but Ella will only wear one occasionally. Hopefully that will change over the summer :).
For this batch of spring nightgowns I am using cotton fabric and the Claire Portabellopixie Pattern by Sandi Henderson available here. I love this pattern because it sews up quickly and the sizing is perfect. I have sewn sizes 3, 4 & 6 and each fit just as it should with a bit of growing room. The only modifications I make to this pattern for nightgowns is the length (Soren likes them to hit her foot but not the ground) and I make the skirt less full. I have been using the entire width of the fabric for the skirt on all the sizes and have found that to be a practical nightgown fullness. The added benefit is there is no fabric waste which I LOVE!


1 comment: